miércoles, 16 de abril de 2008

About Rolling Stone's 100 best guitarists of all time list!

Well, I was reading one of those lists in the Rolling Stone website and let me tell you: they are so screwed, it just sucks!! I think is it very difficult to compare artists in the first place because they come from different times and places and their cultures and social environments were different too. If you are gonna make a list you have to think about the importance and contribution to the guitar that each player has given to the world. So anyway, I'm sure everybody has a different opinion about this and probabaly we are not going to agree in the order we put some guitarists and everything, but that list has things like: Johnny Ramone number 16?? Randy Rhoads 85??? what the hell are they thinking?? as far as I'm concerned punk gutarists can deserve respect for their attitude and the movement was so strong when the world of rock was full of pretentius musicians that came up with this prog rock and things like that, it was so complex that lost all rock spirit and was totally dull, but as musicians or real players punk guitarists are not much better than a kid playing guitar hero on his xbox!!




Don't get me wrong, I really respect them but playing three barre chords comparing to what Randy Rhoads did is just not fair, it is so out of everything that this people deserve to lose their ears! or at least they should really listen to the music leaving their taste for punk rock out. The worst thing about this is that people take seriously this kind of lists and suddenly it appears to be true that some guy like Ron Asheton, Lee Ranaldo, Thurston Moore or Ike Turner are better guitarists than Randy Rhoads, Tony Iommy or Angus Young. You can even find in wikipedia when they talk about each one the position they have in this stupid list as if it is something believable. I've read a lot of comments about this in some forums and I can tell that a lot of people would agree with me. And by the way who the hell is Robert Randolph ? So I'm gonna go against my speech about not doing lists and stuff and I am going to make one according to ME. Yeah I know it sounds selfish but this is my blog in it is only my opinion, you can take it or leave it, I just feel a need of straighting things up with this insulting rollinstone list and I am gonna include guitarists from other genres like flamenco and classical, rock is great but it is not everything, so wacth this.

No hay comentarios: